ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT
About the concert
The Swedish singer Karin Sjöholm and the Danish guitarist guitarist Morten Svenningsen makes “dramatic folk-pop”, inspired by Swedish traditional folk music, Spanish flamenco and Blues. With a mix of acoustic and electronic elements creates a naked and ambient expression, in songs about longing, love and mythology.
With their first album Sjöholm Svenningsen tries to create an expression that travels across borders, where the listener is taken into dreamy fantasies about sirens, princes and trolls, but also to prostitiution, decaying decadence and death. The musical focus is in the details, the dynamics and the intuitive interplay amongst the musicians.
About the artists
Karin Sjöholm (SE) b. 1978
• Singer, stageartist
• Teaches Performance and Musical Drama at the classical line, Syddansk Musikkonservatorium, Odense.
• Bachelor in Art History, Lund and Malmö University Sweden.
• Studied French Art and Architecture at l’Université de Sorbonne i Paris.
• Studied and sung with the renowned choir conductor Eva Bohlins girls and chamber choir, Sweden.
Morten Svenningsen (DK) b. 1974
• Guitarrist, composer, visual artist
• Educated at MI - Musicians Institute, GIT.
• Studied Jazz harmony, improvisation and flamenco
Title of concert: Sjöholm – Album release concert
Performance venue: Radar
Dates: 14. September
Time: 21:00 - 22:00